Ashley Press and the Environment
The environment is important to us, that’s why we have installed solar panels and constantly investigating other ways to help to help the environment.
To lessen our impact on the environment, we have developed a long-standing partnership with the Woodland Trust Carbon Capture Scheme.
For every piece of paper used within our business, we contribute to native woodland being restored in the UK.
In a single quarter, we can restore an average 90 square meters from our contribution alone.
Our guiding principles are:
- To ensure we comply with existing and future environmental legislation
- We only use Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or PEFC accredited paper and boards
- To minimise, re-use and recycle all materials wherever practical
Did you know?
So what have we done so far?
We are continually reviewing how we work and the range of materials and consumables that we require.
As the technology improves, we are investing in more evironmentally efficient equipment and materials.
The list of actions taken at a company level are:-
- Members of the Woodland Trust Carbon Capture Scheme. You can read more about the scheme here.
- Run off solar panels and all lighting is LED
- All wastepaper is collected regularly and recycled
- Purchased an electric vehicle
- Our press consumables are recycled where possible
- All wooden pallets are returned for re-used
- We reuse our paper wrapping and any void fill to reuse instead of bubble wrap. A simple but great way of re-using materials and protecting our environment.
- Our delivery packaging is fully recyclable, and you can even return our delivery packaging and we will recycle it for you.